2 Bedroom, Flat/Apartment | Church Street, Willingdon
A character residence comprising an important part of a period house designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and overlooking gardens thought to be designed by Gertrude Jekyll.
The property commands far reaching southerly views and the accommodation affords a magnificent 20' sitting. Recently and tastefully improved and arranged on 2 floors, the property also has its own private area of southerly garden which offers outstanding views. An appointment to view is strongly recommended.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith built in storage cupboard, wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler, radiator, tiled floor.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin and wc.
- Magnificent Sitting Room: 6.30m x 5.30m (20'8" x 17'5")commanding glorious southerly views over the private and communal gardens and toward the downs, handsome period style fire surround with gas coal effect fire on marble hearth, fine hardwood flooring, 2 elegant arched display cabinets with lighting, 2 designer radiators and a casement door gives access to the private garden.
- Kitchen: 4.27m x 1.83m (14'0" x 6'0")refurbished with extensive range of working surfaces, range of drawers and cupboards below and over, integrated appliances include the electric oven with 4 ring hob, eye level refrigerator with freezer unit below, dishwashing machine and washer/dryer, tiled floor, radiator, courtyard garden aspect.The staircase rises to the First Floor Landing with radiator, unusually deep wardrobe/storage cupboard, recessed cabinet and retractable ladder access to loft space.
- Bedroom 1: 4.80m x 2.95m (15'9" x 9'8")commanding a delightful double aspect with far reaching views toward the South Downs and to the sea, 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 2: 5.94m x 1.98m (19'6" x 6'6")far reaching views, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment with shower screen, pedestal wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, deep linen storage cupboard.
- OutsideSet within one of the most important communal gardens in the area reputed to have been designed by Gertrude Jekyll this property has the benefit of a private area of that garden measuring about 40' in depth by about 20' in width. There is access from the Sitting Room and a wonderful southerly aspect with views to the downs. Beyond are the magnificent communal gardens featuring sweeping lawns, terraces and charming architectural features.
- Garage 6situated in a garage block to the rear.There is a communal cellar storage facility in the basement.