5 Bedroom, House | Ocklynge Road, Old Town, Eastbourne
An exceptionally fine period house with beautifully appointed and spacious family accommodation in the heart of historic Old Town.
Believed to date from the early 19th century and listed Grade II some of the features of the house suggest an earlier date. The elegant and tastefully improved accommodation retains a particularly fine Georgian style staircase rising from a magnificent entrance hall with flagstone floor to a large galleried landing. There is a charming and large courtyard garden to the rear and principal rooms command a view to the picturesque Parish Church of St Marys, the Old Parsonage and toward scenic downland to the west. We are advised that this impressive property is available with no onward chain.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Magnificent Reception Hall: 7.00m x 2.74m (23' x 9')with fine old stone floor and handsome Georgian style staircase with cabinets below, radiator, door to large integral garage/potentila reception room.
- Ground Floor Reception Room: 4.40m x 4.01m (14'5" x 13'2")with Minster stone fire surround with open heart flanked by arched recess, oak flooring, period window detail, radiator.
- Spacious Kitchen/Dining Room: 5.74m x 4.10m (18'10" x 13'5")attractively equipped in a country style with range of solid oak working surfaces with inset double bowl china sink with drainer and mixer tap, drawers and cupboards below and a fitted dresser style unit with drawers and cupboards below and wall cabinets over, island unit with polished granite worktop with drawers below, radiator, deep walk in pantry cupboard with window and door to the rear garden.
- -The extremely elegant Georgian staircase rises from the reception hall to a well lit and part Galleried Landing with panelling to dado rail.
- Spacious First Floor Sitting Room: 6.10m x 4.52m (20'0" x 14'10")approximate measurements of the irregular shaped room which commands a charming double aspect including westerly views toward the downs and toward the anceint Parish Church and Old Parsonage, log burning stove on slate hearth, 2 radiators, shuttered Georgian style windows.
- Study: 3.18m x 2.74m (10'5" x 9')with part panelled walls, range of floor to ceiling adjustable book shelving, radiator and shuttered Georgian style window and view towards the Parish Church and Old Parsonage.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.47m x 4.14m (14'8" x 13'7")with views toward the downs and St Marys Parish Church, radiator and door to
- Dressing Roomwith range of mirror fronted wardrobe cupboards and door to
- Shower Roomwith shower unit with spa style multi jet shower system, wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail and window.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath, wash basin, low level wc, spa style shower with multi jet shower fitting, heated towel rail, window.
- Separate wcwith wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, window.
- -The fine Georgian style staircase continues to the Large Second Floor Landing with sloping ceiling, radiator and far reaching views over Old Town to the downs and toward the Parish Church.
- Bedroom 2: 4.27m x 3.35m (14'0" x 11')reducing significantly due to the sloping ceilings, radiator and view toward the downs and the Parish Church.
- Bedroom 3: 3.66m x 3.35m (12'0" x 11')reducing significantly due to sloping ceilings, radiator and view toward the downs and communicating with
- Bedroom 4/Dressing Room: 3.05m x 2.74m (10'0" x 9')reducing significantly due to sloping ceilings of this irregular shaped room, radiator and view over Old Town.
- OutsideThe charming and large courtyard style garden is about 50' x 20' at its largest points and has been recently attractively paved in stone with flower borders containing a variety of ornamental shrubs and climing plants including Wysteria and Magnolia. There is access to cellarage below the house which could provide a generous storage area particularly for the storage of wine and it extends under much of the ground floor. There is gated rear access and an integral Garden Store with Gloworm wall mounted gas fired boiler.
- Large Integral Garage: 6.10m x 4.42m (20'0" x 14'6")approximate measurements of the irregular shaped room which was originally one of the rooms on the ground floor of this property with 2 Georgian style windows, radiator, door from the reception hall and folding garage doors which would have been added at a later date.