£1,000,000 - SOLD
3 Bedroom, House | Thornwell Road, Wilmington
Set within almost 3 acres amidst scenic Sussex countryside - a detached country house which is the result of a tasteful conversion of a period barn.
Believed by our client to have been in the ownership of Wilmington Priory the building retains intriguing period detail with flint faced elevations and oak joinery. The accommodation has attractive modern styling with large open plan living areas on the ground floor which secure delightful countryside views. We understand the property has the advantage of not being listed and is of a much sought after type of property so rarely available.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith radiator, stone flooring and arched solid oak panelled door to the
- Spacious open plan Sitting Room: 10.16m x 5.80m (33'4" x 19'0")approximate measurements into the 2 wide recesses and featuring a large log burning stove on a brick surround, 3 radiators, sliding double glazed door to the partly covered terrace and to the garden, a fine triple aspect affording glorious views over the gardens and grounds and the adjacent scenic countryside.
- Large open plan Dining Room: 6.55m x 4.20m (21'6" x 13'9")also affording a fine garden aspect and featuring attractive and old flint walls, exposed beams and flooded with light with the vaulted double glazed roof windows, radiator and a sliding double glazed door give access to the courtyard style garden.
- Open plan Kitchen: 5.03m x 4.14m (16'6" x 13'7")also commanding a lovely aspect and featuring a lofty vaulted ceiling and old flint work. Extensive range of Corian moulded working surfaces with inset double bowl sink with drainer and mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Kuppersbusch oven with four ring induction hob (the hob needs to be replaced) with filter hood over, Miele dishwashing machine, plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer, integrated refrigerator, ceramic tiled floor, oak panelled doors to entrance hall and to rear lobby.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, low level wc, radiator, heated towel rail and extractor fan.
- -The handsome bespoke staircase constructed of bleached oak rises to the First Floor Landing with linen storage cupboard housing the hot water system.
- Bedroom 1: 5.80m x 3.28m (19'0" x 10'9")with vaulted ceiling and 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 2: 3.30m x 3.28m (10'10" x 10'9")with radiator and door to
- en suite Shower Roomwith shower, wash basin with drawer below, low level wc, radiator, tiled floor and part tiled walls, inset ceiling lighting, extractor fan and built in storage cupboard.
- Bedroom 3: 3.20m x 2.70m (10'6" x 8'10")with radiator and retractable ladder to the loft space.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, wash basin and low level wc, radiator, tiled floor and part tiled walls and extractor fan.
- OutsideThe gardens and extensive grounds provide an idyllic setting and extend in all to about 2.75 acres. The grounds have been arranged for ease of maintenance and harmonised with the adjacent picturesque countryside over which there are delightful views. Extensively lawned there are areas of natural meadow. A large and attractively designed terrace flanks the property on one side. In addition to fruit trees there are a number of mature and fine deciduous trees and the property has the benefit of an unusual degree of privacy. Outbuildings include 2 Large Timber Frames Garden Stores.
- Large Timber Framed Garage: 5.18m x 5.18m (17' x 17')divided to provide a large single garage with automatic door and a large Studio Room with power and lighting.Large adjacent Garden StoreThe entrance forecourt provides off road car parking and turning space and subject to any consents required there is very generous space for any additional garaging/outbuildings required.