3 Bedroom, Bungalow | Peakdean Lane, Friston
One of the finest detached bungalows we have seen in this sought after area of East Dean.
The property has been substantially improved by the present owners in recent years to provide an exceptionally fine and spacious home within a delightful garden setting from where there are views down the valley toward Belle Tout lighthouse. Although lapsed there was planning consent for a loft conversion to provide 2 additional bedrooms and a bathroom. However, the accommodation is particularly generous and a second and unusually attractive reception room has been added in recent years. Only an inspection will convey the unusually high appeal of this delightful home. We are advised that an early possession date might be available.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Entrance Hallwith built in cloaks cupboard, shelved linen storage cupboard, 2 concealed radiators, retractable ladder access to the loft space.
- Sitting Room: 4.88m x 3.66m (16'0" x 12'0")with attractive aspect and featuring a wall to wall range of shelving units, radiator and double doors giving access to the hall.
- Second Reception Room: 5.18m x 3.58m (17' x 11'9")designed in the orangeries style with a large central ceiling lantern and fine garden aspect, log burning stove, radiator and double glazed doors give access to the garden.
- Spacious and luxuriously equipped Kitchen/Dining Room: 7.85m x 2.70m (25'9" x 8'10")with extensive range of working surfaces with inset stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap and range of drawers and cupboards below with matching wall cabinets over, integrated oven and 4 ring halogen hob with filter hood over, Neff dishwashing machine, space for American style refrigerator, radiator, inset ceiling lighting.
- Utility Roomwith stainless steel sink with mixer tap set into worktop with cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over, wall mounted gas fired boiler, plumbing for washing machine and space for dryer, space for fridge/freezer and space for further storage cupboards, inset ceiling lighting.
- Bedroom 1: 3.78m x 3.50m (12'5" x 11'6")excluding the depth of the built in wardrobe cupboards, radiator and pretty garden aspect and door to
- En suite Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan and window.
- Bedroom 2: 3.35m x 3.05m (11' x 10'0")excluding the depth of the built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
- Bedroom 3: 2.44m x 2.24m (8'0" x 7'4")with mirror fronted fitted wardrobe cupboard and second built in deep shelved wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
- Large Shower Roomwith large shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin in vanity unit with cupboard below, low level wc, heated towel rail, inset ceiling lighting and extractor fan, window.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its lovely mature garden setting which has been attractively designed to reduce maintenance. The rear garden extends to a depth of about 50' and a width of about 60'. Extensively laid to lawn there are borders which contain a wide variety of ornamental shrubs and specimen trees. A wide paved terrace flanks the rear elevation which is attractively sheltered and there is a further terrace at the end of the garden from which there are glorious views down the valley toward the sea and Belle Tout lighthouse. There is gated access on both sides of the property and on one side there is space which could provide additional car parking space. Timber garden shed.
- Garage: 2.46m x 1.37m (8'1" x 4'6")The garage has been converted to create the utility room and now provides simply very generous storage space with power, light and hose tap and is secured by an electronically operated roller door. The entrance drive affords very generous car parking and turning space.