5 Bedroom, House | Wilbees Road, Arlington
Commanding fine southerly views over landscaped and wooded gardens to the south downs - a delightfully presented and spacious Edwardian family house which has been substantially improved in recent years.
The principal rooms have the advantage of the fine southerly aspect. The gardens are landscaped for ease of maintenance and extend into the delightful woodland beyond 2 natural ponds. An inspection will convey the high merit and individual appeal of this very special house and its grounds.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 4 Receptions
- Reception Hall: 6.70m x 2.08m (22' x 6'10")with its handsome staircase and attractively tiled floor, radiator.
- Spacious Sitting Room: 7.57m x 6.25m (24'10" x 20'6")including the depth of the sitting room extension which commands glorious views over the gardens and toward the south downs, period style fire surround with open hearth with log burning stove, 2 radiators, deep storage cupboard.
- Study: 4.14m x 4.04m (13'7" x 13'3")with lovely garden aspect, radiator.
- Dining Room: 5.18m x 3.48m (17' x 11'5")with garden aspect and casement doors give access to the
- Double Glazed Conservatory: 3.50m x 1.52m (11'6" x 5')which has access via double doors to the garden terrace and commands a lovely garden aspect.
- Office: 3.05m x 3.05m (10'0" x 10'0")with a range of fitted book shelving, radiator and garden aspect.
- Inner Hallwith walk in shelved storage cupboard with window and Ground Floor Bedroom Suite comprising
- Bedroom 5: 3.66m x 3.35m (12'0" x 11')with double aspect, radiator.
- Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap with wall mounted shower fittings and screen, wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, fitted cabinets, heated towel rail, tiled floor and part tiled walls and window.
- Spacious Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 6.30m x 3.76m (20'8" x 12'4")and widening in the breakfast area, lovely southerly garden aspect and equipped with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with soft closing drawers and cupboards below and matching range of cabinets over, matching island unit with breakfast bar, inset double deep butler's sink with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Classic 110 range style oven with double oven, grill and pan drawer with 5 gas hobs and hotplate with extractor hood over, dishwashing machine, space for American style refrigerator, radiator and door to large rear lobby which gives access to the ground floor bedroom, door to
- Large rear Utility Hallwith door to
- Large Utility Room: 3.60m x 3.05m (11'10" x 10'0")with lovely garden aspect, working surface with stainless steel double bowl sink unit with mixer tap and drawer and cupboards below, range of built in storage cupboards, Eurostar oil fired boiler for central heating, plumbing for washing machine, space for dryer and freezer.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin, low level wc, window.
- -The period style staircase rises from the reception hall to the large Galleried Landing which also commands far reaching views over gardens to the downs, retractable ladder access to the loft space above.
- Master Bedroom Suite comprising Bedroom 1: 4.67m x 4.32m (15'4" x 14'2")with double aspect including views over farmland, range of floor to ceiling fitted wardrobe cupboards, radiator and door to
- Spacious Shower Roomwith large shower with wall mounted shower fitting, wash basin, low level wc, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2: 4.67m x 4.32m (15'4" x 14'2")with fine views over the gardens to the downs, handsome period style fire surround, radiator and door to
- En suite Shower Roomwith shower unit with wall mounted shower fittings, wash basin and low level wc, heated towel rail, window.
- Bedroom 3: 3.63m x 2.82m (11'11" x 9'3")with radiator.
- Bedroom 4: 4.32m x 2.57m (14'2" x 8'5")excluding the depth of the deep door recess, lovely garden aspect, large linen storage cupboard housing lagged water cylinder, wash basin, radiator.
- Family Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath, wall mounted shower fitting over, wash basin, low level wc, radiator, window and extractor fan.
- OutsideAffording an exceptionally fine setting for the house the gardens are arranged mainly to the south with sweeping lawns and woodland extending in all to about 3 acres. Securing a high degree of seclusion and maximum sun through the day the gardens are planned for ease of maintenance with the principal and more formal part of the gardens flanking the house with picturesque woodland glades extending toward the south where there are 2 very attractive and natural ponds which contain a wonderful variety of wildlife. The woodland, planted by previous owners, is now maturing with a wide variety of mainly deciduous trees including oak and beech. A wide paved terrace flanks the south westerly elevation of the house securing delightful views and is sheltered by a fine clad pergola. There is a hidden rose garden and an enclosed Kitchen Garden with a garden store. The gravelled forecourt on the easterly side of the house is approached through impressive electronically operated gated and there is also vehicular access from the north easterly side of the property also from Wilbees Road where there is very generous parking for several cars. This parking area might easily be enlarged subject to any consents required and we are advised that there is Planning Consent for a Double Garage with attached studio room/store.