£1,350,000 - SOLD
8 Bedroom, House | Southfields Road, Eastbourne
One of Eastbourne's finest and most tastefully refurbished mansion style Edwardian houses
This truly impressive detached property has been most tastefully improved over recent years to provide outstanding family accommodation offering great flexibility for various forms of use. The accommodation retains glorious period detail and without any compromise to period styling it is luxuriously equipped with fine kitchen and bathroom detailing. Only an internal inspection will convey the exceptionally high merit of this outstanding home. Available with no onward chain.
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 3 Receptions
- Large Entrance Lobbywith radiator and fine stained glass window detail.
- Magnificent Reception Hallwith impressive staircase, period fire surround with gas coal effect fire, 2 radiators, deep cloaks cupboard below stairs and oak flooring, stained glass window.
- Sitting Room: 6.25m x 4.34m (20'6" x 14'3")with fine period fireplace in arched recess, 2 radiators, plantation style window shutters.
- Spacious and luxuriously equipped Kitchen/Dining roomcommanding a lovely southerly garden aspect and with Kitchen Area measuring 16'5 x 16' with extensive range of polished granite working surfaces with soft closing drawers and cupboards below and matching range of wall cabinets over including a large floor to ceiling shelved larder cupboard with double doors, island unit with double bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated appliances include the Neff double oven with grill and 5 ring induction hob with filter hood over, Neff dishwashing machine, American style fridge/freezer with ice dispenser, 2 radiators, matching breakfast bar, engineered oak flooring and double glazed bi-fold doors giving access to the garden terrace.
- Dining Area: 4.78m x 3.28m (15'8" x 10'9")excluding the recess with handsome arts and crafts style fire surround with log burning stove, 2 radiators and double glazed bi-folding doors give access to the garden.
- Utility Room: 3.43m x 1.93m (11'3" x 6'4")with range of working surfaces with soft closing drawer and cupboard below, stainless steel sink unit and mixer tap, plumbing for washing machine, space for dryer and for American style fridge/freezer, radiator, window.
- Inner Hallwith cabinet housing M2 data wiring system, radiator.
- Cloakroomwith wash basin with cabinet below, low level wc, radiator, tiled floor, window.
- Study: 4.32m x 3.84m (14'2" x 12'7")with handsome period style fire surround with mirrored over mantle, radiator.
- Boot Room: 4.11m x 1.78m (13'6" x 5'10")with deep glazed butler sink set into solid oak worktop with drawers and cupboards below, range of floor to ceiling storage cupboards, door to walk in storage cupboard with window and door to side entrance.
- Cellarrecently tanked to provide useful storage space.
- -The magnificent staircase rises from the spacious reception hall to the large Galleried First Floor Landing which features an exceptionally fine stained glass window, 3 radiators, cupboard housing the pressurised Megaflo hot water cylinder, large walk in storage cupboard with window and wall mounted Worcester gas fired boiler.
- Spacious Master Bedroom suite comprising Bedroom 1: 5.05m x 4.52m (16'7" x 14'10")commanding a delightful southerly garden aspect featuring a handsome period fire surround, 2 radiators, plantation style window shutters and opening into
- Dressing Room: 3.45m x 2.20m (11'4" x 7'3")with extensive range of built in wardrobe and storage cupboards and open shelving, radiator. Plantation style window shutters and a door to
- Large luxurious Bathroom/Shower Roomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower, wash basin with drawers below, low level wc, large shower unit with screen and multi jet Aqualisa shower fitting including the rain shower, under floor heating.
- Guest Suite comprising Bedroom 2: 7.09m x 3.96m (23'3" x 13')with 2 radiators, plantation style window shutters, deep walk in built in wardrobe cupboard and door to
- En suite Shower Roomwith shower unit with Aqualisa wall mounted shower fittings and rain shower, wash basin with drawers below, low level wc, heated towel rail, under floor heating, extractor fan.
- Bedroom 3: 5.03m x 3.25m (16'6" x 10'8")with period fire surround, radiator and plantation style shutter windows.
- Bedroom 4: 3.66m x 3.35m (12'0" x 11')with period fire surround, radiator.
- Luxuriously equipped Family Bathroom/Shower Roomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower, wash basin with drawers below, low level wc, shower unit with multi jet Aqualisa shower fittings with rain shower, heated towel rail, window.
- -The secondary staircase, which rises from the ground floor, continues from the first floor landing to the large Second Floor Landing with radiator and access to the loft space above.
- Bedroom 5: 5.92m x 4.22m (19'5" x 13'10")reducing partly due to sloping ceilings, 2 radiators.
- Bedroom 6: 4.78m x 3.00m (15'8" x 9'10")with radiator.
- Bedroom 7: 3.40m x 3.20m (11'2" x 10'6")with radiator.
- Bedroom 8: 4.65m x 2.54m (15'3" x 8'4")reducing due to the sloping ceiling, radiator.
- Second Family Bathroomwith white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted Aqualisa shower fitting and screen, wash basin, radiator. Access to under eaves storage space which has the Worcester gas fire boiler and the hot water cylinder, window.
- Separate wcwith low level suite and integrated wash basin, radiator.
- OutsideAn important feature of this property is its wonderful garden setting. The south westerly walled rear garden extends to a depth of about 60' and secures a good degree of sunshine and seclusion. Extensively laid to lawn the garden is bordered by a wide variety of ornamental trees and shrubs. A wide stone paved terrace flanks the rear elevation and at the end of the garden there is a useful utility area with a garden store. There is gated side access on either side of the house. The front garden has been landscaped to provide off road car parking space for 2/3 cars.